We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in Solana Beach, CA. We’re a .NET, hosted application (SaaS) company, building multi-tiered web applications, with strong emphasis on design patterns, and delivering well-designed and modular releases. We develop and maintain the MarcomCentral® web application. MarcomCentral® is a leading product in the area of controlled asset creation and management. It allows marketing teams to control branding, compliance, or other messaging, whilst giving end users a limited set of freedoms to modify content via a customizable portal. Combine this with a powerful user group system that provides features such as budgets, cost center access, approval workflows, all tied to a full featured (manual or automated) distribution backend.
The candidate would be a curious and driven DevOps engineer with a passion for discovering new ways to improve system reliability and automate manual processes. System stability is king, but how else can DevOps improve the workflows of the development and QA teams? The position demands careful approach to changes, but innovative thought. The candidate would be responsible for or working on projects like; maintaining a TFS system, application monitoring via Application Insights, system/environment maintenance, release management and more. We are looking for a team player that has the soft skills to work with all kinds of personalities (aka engineers & system administrators;).
- The following are typical functions of DevOps, but not limited to:
- Building and maintaining windows server virtual machines in a web-farm on VMWare and Azure.
- Automating server creation and server deployment to meet application needs and performance demands.
- Maintaining continuous integration, build management , and code deployment process to application servers including databases.
- Monitoring system and application health and analyzing and reporting anomalies to development staff and assisting with diagnosis.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting SQL Server databases.
Experience and Skills:
- The education/experience level we are looking for is a BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar degree or work experience.
- We are looking for someone with at least 3 years’ experience in DevOps or IT.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills.
- Windows Server configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid VMWare knowledge.
- Experience with Azure.
- Intermediate understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting experience.
- .NET application deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting skills.
- Automated deployment experience using msbuild, dotnet, powershell, and TFS or similar tools.
It would be a plus to have:
- TFS/VSTS administration and server maintenance experience
- Test automation experience – both user interface-related and load-related TFS support and maintenance, including builds tooling.
- System and application health monitoring using Application Insights or similar.
- SQL Server troubleshooting with TSQL scripting.
- SQL Server deployment using SSDT and DACPACs.
- NodeJS, NPM, & Gulp experience in the context of building client side code.
- Working in the beautiful & fun Solana Beach office, with views of the ocean and only minutes to walk to the beach.
- A very motivated small project team.
- An awesome company benefits package.
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks, with catered lunch on Fridays.
- Walking distance to restaurants, bars, micro-breweries, an urban winery, the coaster/Amtrak, and shuttles to the Del Mar Racetrack, the beach, and San Elijo lagoon trails.
- Office shower to clean up after a surf, run along the beach or lagoon, or whatever activities that get you working up a sweat.
- Sponsored learning, conferences, and MSDN license access.
No relocation offered
Must be local to the San Diego area
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTI Marketing Technologies™ is an EEO employer.