IT Project Manager
The IT Project Manager manages concurrent customer enhancement projects, roadmap development projects and internal company-wide IT projects for SAAS company MarcomCentral. This role is responsible for developing schedule, cost, quality and scope plans and delivering project milestones conforming to these plans. This resource has experience with large software implementations and integrations and has the ability to break down requirements into smaller manageable work packages, is skilled at deductive problem solving, and is able to both communicate risk and come up with risk mitigation plans on the fly.
On a daily basis, the IT Project Manager leads a group of software developers, quality assurance engineers and product owners during scrum activities, such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and release scheduling. External facing activities include engaging with customers daily for requirements workshops, proof of concepts, status updates, reporting, change control and contracts.
This resource is a strong communicator and flexible in adjusting communication plans for internal and external stakeholders. Interfacing with different stakeholders may require alternating between Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies. The IT Project Manager is also heavily involved with developing new internal project processes and mentoring the rest of the organization on best practices for project structure.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
- Manage project scope and changes
- Guide and support all members of the IT team and the product owners
- Requires direct and effective cross communication with sales, client services, marketing, legal and finance.
- Minimum 5+ years experience with System Integration projects required
- A BS degree for Business Administration or Computer Science related field.
- Familiar with software development processes
- Experience using both Scrum and SDLC methodologies
- Solid experience in Change Management, Project Management, and Process Improvement
- Experience with current IT Technologies
- Uncompromising Customer Service focus
- Proactive and driven approach to understanding business requirements
- MS Project
- PMI PMP Certification strongly desired
- Jira, Team Foundation Server
- Sr IT Project Manager
- Working in the beautiful & fun Solana Beach office, with views of the ocean and only minutes to walk to the beach.
- A very motivated small project team.
- An awesome company benefits package.
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks, with catered lunch on Fridays.
- Walking distance to restaurants, bars, micro-breweries, an urban winery, the coaster/Amtrak, and shuttles to the Del Mar Racetrack, the beach, and San Elijo lagoon trails.
- Office shower to clean up after a surf, run along the beach or lagoon, or whatever activities that get you working up a sweat.
- Sponsored learning, conferences, and MSDN license access.
No relocation offered
Must be local to the San Diego area
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
PTI Marketing Technologies™ is an EEO employer.