We are looking for a UX developer to join our product team to become the liaison between design and development. This will require working closely with Research and UX consulting firms for large design projects and working within our product team to deliver web-based designs in HTML/SCSS/JS to the development team for iterative changes that adhere to defined design systems. This role will also require working closely with the development team to consult when designs may need to accommodate technology restrictions.
The UX developer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Design and implement HTML/SCSS for new features.
- Optimize UI in existing products.
- Support development as designs are integrated into product.
- Sometimes play the role of interaction and graphic design for smaller projects.
- As a member of the product team, participate in developing requirements and defining product backlogs.
- Create prototypes for new features.
- Test designs and ideas before and after implementation.
Candidates should have the following or similar:
- 5 years of experience as a UX developer or related design role.
- 5 years of experience with and current with HTML & CSS
- A portfolio of work that can be presented.
- A 4-year degree in a relevant field (can be substituted with greater experience).
- User and customer centered approach to design.
- Ability to present and discuss design ideas.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of a variety of tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, XD, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Working in the beautiful & fun Solana Beach office, with views of the ocean and only minutes to walk to the beach.
- A very motivated small project team.
- An awesome company benefits package.
- Fully stocked office snacks and drinks, with catered lunch on Fridays.
- Walking distance to restaurants, bars, micro-breweries, an urban winery, the coaster/Amtrak, and shuttles to the Del Mar Racetrack, the beach, and San Elijo lagoon trails.
- Office shower to clean up after a surf, run along the beach or lagoon, or whatever activities that get you working up a sweat.
- Sponsored learning, conferences, and MSDN license access.
No relocation offered
Must be local to the San Diego area
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PTI Marketing Technologies™ is an EEO employer.