Director of Information Technology
Here at MarcomCentral, we strive to provide an outstanding customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology.
We are looking to add an experienced Director of Information Technology to lead our IT systems as well as supporting infrastructure for .NET hosted (SaaS) application. This role will primarily remote, ideally based out of either San Diego or Las Vegas.
Our ideal candidate will be strong technically with a good eye for business and an inspiring presence. They will have experience in modern SaaS/cloud-based based infrastructures in which they have scaled, led, and secured an ecosystem of applications with proactive strategies and proactive roadmaps, and inspiring vision. They have a strategic mind and operate as a senior leader that influences the business and company strategy.
If you are called to make an impact, comfortable with change at scale, passionate about technology, love to learn, and create world-class customer experiences, this is a great opportunity to grow and contribute to a world-class team
Duties and responsibilities
- Sets the mission and vision of the IT organization to foster a customer-centric oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Be a trusted advisor, that builds and maintains relationships with other leaders, teams, and business executives to develop a keen understanding of business needs; ensures efficient delivery of IT services to meet those needs. This includes supporting Engineering, Quality Assurance and Production environments for .Net, hosted (SaaS) applications.
- Build a multi-year roadmap and key performance indicators that are well understood and anticipate emerging needs.
- Own the IT “People Strategy” that will forecast the future skill needed to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing agility and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Foster a culture of trusted partnership, service, and continuous improvement.
- Build a deep bench of team leadership and technical talent to deliver results and support future growth. Manage and mentor the team to their full potential
- Partner with InfoSec to manage corporate and product security standards.
- Ensure maintenance of written policies & procedures for areas related to items such as: BCP, DRP, SOPs, etc.
- CapEx management
- 7+ years administration experience in a Windows Server environment
- Solid background in cloud environments and working with Microsoft Azure
- Prior experience with Vendor Management
- Enterprise server, storage, and SAN systems in a data center environment
- Experience with high volume web-based applications
- Advanced Experience with SaaS platform, eCommerce technology and architecture
- Track record for leading IT transformational initiatives in sophisticated environments.
- Ability to adapt to fast-moving technology landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new technologies.
- Track record of building and effectively managing diverse teams, and putting the appropriate processes and infrastructure in place to drive growth.
- Demonstratable ability to formulate a high-level strategy, then convert it into a tactical plan and execute on that plan.
- “Hands-on” operating style and approach, with a view towards the future.
- Previous exposure and experience with SecOps is a plus.
Previous Managing Experience of:
- IT/DEVOPS administration and engineering teams
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Network administration and architecture (Cisco, Juniper, A10)
- Backup maintenance, server monitoring
- Desktop knowledge(Windows/MAC)
- Server and desktop hardware repair or replacement
- Linux Experience
MarcomCentral began as one brilliant idea back in 2000. The goal was to create a cloud-based marketing portal to help modern marketers empower their teams with custom marketing pieces. We brought in the best of the best – engineers and product developers from top tech companies, sales and marketing professionals with global experience, and accomplished executives to keep our dreams afloat.
We’re growing and looking for the best and brightest to join our passionate team. Like our technology, we strive to be the best we can be. With monthly Run Club outings, mid-day surf sessions, and catered lunch on Friday’s, we appreciate each and every one of our employees and their needs. What’s more, we are a dog-friendly office. Who can beat that?
VP of Finance and Operations